Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

Make Monday: Magic Mud!

When I was in high school, I put together a short book of "Homemade Fun" activities for 4-H Fair. Being a project for Child Development, I had four younger siblings in which to practice and experiment on. These cold days indoors, I am glad I took the time then to find these homemade recipes. I can simply open up my notebook and find one for the worst of winter days. Join me this Monday for such a day!

Today, we are going to make Magic Mud, a silly putty-type substance the kids can play with in their hands!

While your kids are seating themselves at the vinyl table cloth, covered table, you can mix up this easy homemade fun in minutes. It is safe, easy, and lots of fun for all!

Mix Together 5 tablespoons of cornstarch to 3 tablespoons of water. Add your desired color of food coloring. The substance will look hard but when you pick it up it will run through your hands. To make slime, use green food coloring! This recipe is recommended for children over 1 year of age.

Find some fun containers to play with. I highly recommend a plastic table cloth and an (a) apron/bib for the younger kids even though it is washable. Be careful though of using food coloring that will stain. For small kids, you can just put them in their high chair. It certainly makes a gooey mess but the fun is totally worth it!

Hope you survive your Monday inside this winter day!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...