Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Wash Wednesday: KNOW Your Water Heater

It's January. It's cold. We were just hit with quite a snowstorm. I got up in the morning, looked outside and saw the wind blowing the snow all around. I was excited to get into the hot shower. What a wonderful way to wake up. Plus, I could use my cinnamon roll body scrub that smells SO good!

I turn on the shower and get ready to get in. It was cold. Hmmm. Must take a second to warm up because it is so cold outside. I hop in, thinking it should be warmer. It was frigid. I get out, cold, dripping wet and angry. I throw on my robe and walk down the hall to the utility closet, getting a strange look from my husband. I tear open the doors to the closet, get down on the floor, pull the protective cover from the water heater and look inside the little window. It wasn't until then my husband asked, "What in the world are you doing?"

"The pilot light is out," I replied. My husband responded, "Who do we need to call?" I laughed. I had already started the process of relighting the pilot light.

It's not just a job for the guys. We ladies need to know how things work around the house. Be sure to read ALL of the instructions before working with electric or gas--but there are things you can fix yourself. I'm not sure why it went out, but I knew how to fix it. I let the water warm up and got to take a hot shower. If I had waited for someone to come and do it for us, I would have had to do the preschool drop off wearing a hat and perfume. And who knows how much it would cost for a home call.

Learn about the functions of items around your home. You can do quite a bit yourself. Save money, save sanity, save your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...