Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Salvation Sunday: Understanding Chaos

I was going to write about the second chances we receive, like those of Ted Williams and his golden voice, but the shooting in Arizona made me rethink it all.

It made me think about all of the evil that is in the world. All of the chaos. No matter what side of the aisle you choose to sit, a life is a life.

I feel and pray for all of the victims and their families. My heart sunk when I read that one of the random victims, Christina Taylor Greene (aged 9), recently elected to student council, was a "Faces of Hope, Babies Born on 9/11" baby. Born on 9/11 only to be killed in senseless violence.

We need to pray for those who died, their families, and for those who are fighting for their lives. We also need to pray for the troubled man who did this. No one knows why he felt it was necessary to do it, but it is done.

We need to pray for our Country. We need to pray.

Maybe we're not meant to understand the chaos, but pull through it, putting our faith in God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...