Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wash Wednesday: My Dishwasher Can Do What?

Yesterday I happened to catch a segment on Rachel Ray about what can go in the dishwasher. Trust me, I wasn't really watching it as my kids were driving me CRAZY (and I had to keep reminding myself that I had to be thankful to have my boys) so I only caught bits and pieces. But when I looked up the link I was impressed.

The link above has some great ideas of what can go into the dishwasher. The part that interested me was the bath toys. Turns out, they're not as clean as you think. And for the small parts and pieces, put them in a lingerie bag and they'll keep all of their swords while getting clean!

To quote the show: "Plastic toys: To clean your kid's action figures or bath toys, toss them in lingerie bags to keep the pieces together and put them in the dishwasher. "I do want to say something about bath toys. A lot of people think, 'Oh, if the kid is in the bath with the soap and water it’s going to keep them clean,' but the bacteria on your child’s body gets in the bath water, and often bath toys are the most dangerously dirty objects you can have in your house."

Ew. Guess I'll be loading my dishwasher full of Spongebob, Aquaman and GI Joe to give them a good cleaning tonight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...