Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

Food Friday: Cocoa Brownies!

Don't get me wrong, I love salty snacks, especially chips and dip. Most often you will see me going straight for the salty snacks over the sweets as cheese is my absolute favorite food. With all those salty snacks we are making for the Super Bowl though, you need a little chocolate, just enough for a sweet taste.

Normally, I am not a huge brownie person, probably because most brownies are made from a box.

But when my friend and cousin (by marriage) gave me this recipe, I knew it had to be good as most of her stuff is. And sure enough it was the best brownie recipe ever invented. My husband is so thankful to her because now I make brownies, one of his favorite desserts, and it is surprisingly so easy from scratch. By the time you figure out the box mix, you can whip up some of these. Serve warm with a little French vanilla ice cream and chocolate or Carmel syrup on top and you are good to go!

Mix
1 2/3 cup sugar
3/4 cup melted butter
2 tablespoons water
2 large eggs beaten
2 teaspoon vanilla

Add
1 1/3 cup flour
3/4 cup cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

Bake in 9 by 13 inch greased pan at 350 degrees. Top with powdered sugar. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...