Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Wash Wednesday: The Post Vacation Laundry Pile Up

I love vacations. I really do. But I really dislike the post vacation laundry pile. REALLY dislike. Considering on a regular day, I usually do two-three loads. Times that by how ever many days we've been gone. Plus any clothes I bought for the kids, husband and myself (if any).

Clothes. Clothes. Clothes. Yes. I realize this is a first world problem. I should consider myself blessed. And I do. But all of the laundry. And it never fails. I get it sorted into nice piles when someone manages to come tearing in to the laundry room to mess them up...or forgets to put their bag in the laundry room...then there is more to sort.

Word to the wise? Take at least one day off of work AFTER your vacation ends to catch up on house stuff. Thankfully we had cleaned the house BEFORE we left, but that still didn't mean that within a few minutes of being home, it was a mess.




When it comes to laundry, it has become my job to wash/dry and my husband folds and we both put away (well, mostly him). But the day after the end of vacation was his birthday. And being the nice wife I am, I let him go to a movie that afternoon with his dad. The evening was spent with his folks...which left no time to fold/put away laundry. So there it sits. Two FULL baskets full of clean clothes. I have catching up to do on work, husband is back at work and, well, I take care of three kids while working. So yes, at the end of the day, I'm exhausted too.

Ah, laundry. It never ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...