Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

Food Friday: Fruit Salad (Yummy, yummy)

I hope I'm not the only parent out there who sings that while making or serving fruit salad (yummy, yummy). Thank you, The Wiggles.

With summer upon us and the days of baking fish sticks are behind us, how do you get the kids to eat something good for them? Whip up an easy fruit salad (yummy, yummy) that they'll love!

You can combine just about any fruits together and they'll love it. My kids like a can of mandarin oranges (juice included), strawberries, blueberries and (if they're on sale) I'll cut up some kiwis and include them. Yum.

Serve it with a slotted spoon (so the liquid drains and doesn't make their hot dog bun moist on the plate) and let them eat until their heart's content. My oldest even begs to "drink the juice when we're done".


So sing the song. You know you want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...