Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Salvation Sunday: Pray At All Times

"Don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines."

Coming from a farming family, I understand how weather can keep farmers (and their families) up during stormy nights. But it also makes me think about more than just the weather.

Having had my health scare recently, we prayed. We went to Church on a Thursday afternoon, the day before my surgery, and I had the Anointing of the Sick. I was scared. I cried. My husband worried. I didn't cry before the last two c-sections. I don't cry when I hurt. But I hurt reallllly bad, and I was scared. And I cried. And we prayed.

But having enjoyed the sun and the pool with my husband and kids today, I am reminded to pray. Not only because the sun was shining, but because I COULD enjoy the sun with my boys.

Keep prayer important in your life. And be sure to turn to God in hard times as well as good. Give thanks to Him for ALL you have. Even if it is something as simple as a dip in the pool with your kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...