Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Shuffle Saturday: Mommy Code Explained.

Father's day is upon us. What more can a dad want than to understand what mom means, right? Apparently moms can be so confusing, often sending mixed messages and wrong signals with our tone of voice. At least that is what I have been told anyways.

OK, so we got in a tiff lately. I cannot remember what we were fighting about but looking back, daddy was right to admit that I probably said one thing but meant another. Our passive aggressive nature as moms gets us into so much trouble. We do say one thing but mean another all the time.

Usually what we mean is "we want" and "we want" it now. This brings to mind the phrase, "if mom is not happy, no one is happy." Exactly dads and even more so, we make you guess what we want instead of directly telling you.

The usual complaint towards husbands most heard is the lack of trying and following through on the KNOWING. You should already know what I want, how I want it, and when I want it. Poor dads. To come home after a long day of work only to get the mom treatment. The long list of "to do's," done mommy's way or the highway.

"Yelling" means I need a protective hug where I can feel safe and loved. "Watching the kids" means let me cook supper by myself while you babysit. A "break" really means let me sleep in uninterrupted or you take the kids away from the house so I can accomplish something AT HOME.

Sound all too familiar? What does mom really want?

We want to say thanks to all you guys. For loving us in spite. For listening when you are tired. For trying hard in return for confusion and chaos. For hanging in there with us moms.

Hats off to you guys for living with us moms. That is all I can say cause how really can I explain the "mom code" when I do not even know it myself. You just should know, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...