Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Salvation Sunday: Witnesses!

Have you ever put your testimony of faith on paper? To be more specific, I mean "how you came to know" Jesus Christ as your Savior. Another would be what Jesus means to you or how about this one: What has Jesus done in your life.

A long time ago when I was in high school, I had a few youth directors that presented us students with this challenge of writing down your testimony. Writing it down sure made an impact in the meaning of faith for me. Printing our testimony out, we then were asked to hand it out to people on our missions trip.

So every now and then I reflect back on my life, seeing how God has cared and guided me along the journey. Here is what I see....His timing is perfect....He has never left me...He has provided for my needs....He has brought people into my lives at just the right time....He has disciplined me into a better person....the list could go on.

Even more than just living in faith, God calls us to be witnesses. I have been reading in Isaiah lately. And I found this neat verse...

“You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Isaiah 43:10

The parallel of God's relationship to Israel in this book can be applied to us today. God revealed Himself through the Israelites as the chosen people to be His proclaimers of His message, a light to the entire world. Let us not mistake the symbolism and reason of Christianity's existence: we are now His chosen people to live as witnesses. God calls us today to proclaim with our lives evidence of Him. As Christians in an evil world, we see the equivalent of the parting of the Red Seas, victory over Jericho's, and feeding of thousands every day. Is this something not to share?

Something to ponder....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...