Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Salvation Sunday: Your Testimony!

I finally dug up my testimony out of the bucket of old papers. A few weeks ago I referred to the testimony written when I was in high school for a missions trip in my post about being Witnesses in the world around you.

Here is the testimony I put into written words and printed off to hand out to people I met on my missions trip to Texas and Mexico. I do need to update this as God as done so much in my life since high school and college. This certainly is a good reminder of God worked in my life then and even in today. Read along....

"My spiritual condition and life changed and has continued to grow since I accepted Christ at around five years old. One night, I had been especially scared of my dark room, which reminded me of the darkness and ugliness of my heart sparked by a recent sermon. A little night light, however, filled the room with warmth and made me understand and realize that Jesus Christ as Savior could replace the dark void in my life with a loving, forgiving, and accepting warmth like that of a night light. I asked Christ into my life right then wanting that warmth, peace, and everlasting assurance. Being so excited, I ran and told my mom what I had done!

Since that life changing experience, the Lord has worked in my life and taught me many things such as trusting and having faith in Him (Hebrews 11:1, II Corinthians 4:16-18). God used the death of my grandpa, a mission trip, and key relationships with family and friends to make my faith real and personal (Isaiah 40:28-31). God's grace was certainly gracious and His faithfulness evident. My sophomore year in high school, revealed frustration because I blamed others and thought I was "spiritually" better. I Timothy 4:12 reminded me to "set an example for others by what I say and do." The following year brought new experiences as an upperclassman: having guy friends, more school activities and responsibilities, experimenting with things like music choices, and defying my parent's authority. Over that summer into my senior year, I learned a lot! God's faithfulness remained true during the entire senior "hype" and graduation. With that came many decisions to make, where to go to college and what to major in. Isaiah 2:22 encouraged me not to worry but to "trust God" with every area of my life.

This year, the Lord's faithfulness has once again carried me through and has almost become sort of the best friend that I can always rely on. The many changes through the transition of college have been difficult. As the lyrics of "More Faithful" by Skillet suggests, God is more faithful than the changing of the seasons. This promise, especially as I view autumn and the leaves changing has been made real. Also , a desire to study the Bible has lead me to read about Israel. God's faithful love pours out on us despite our wicked ways though we tend to forsake Him. Even though Israel kept falling away from God, God promises still exist when we turn to Him and repent. The Lord has blessed me with good studies and new friends. He continues to carry me through. In the meantime, I just want to learn to trust Him more for His daily guidance (Proverbs 3:5-6). Though there has been times of trials, frustrations, and downers in my life, I know the Lord is my Protector, Deliverer, Savior, stronghold, and refuge. Most importantly, He is my Father in heaven and my best friend (Psalm 18:1-3).

Have you trusted the Lord and let Him take care of your daily problems? Is Jesus the Savior of your life? And are you experiencing His faithfulness?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...