Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Make Monday: Bubbles!

Up...up...down...pop! Judah has really wanted to play with bubbles lately. Last week, we even took them indoors to play on a rainy day. Some times he will chase and pop them. Other times, he wants to do it himself (like any toddler).

This weekend, while I was not looking he dumped out the soap on the ground, stepping in it with his bare feet. Then he thought he would broom it up making the concrete very soapy white. Oh well...

Needless to say, we are out of soap (I wonder why). He has several battery operated little bubble machines but we have no more soap. He has a flashlight bubble maker, a battery operated wand, and a bubble gun that allows no spillage. To continue our bubble fun with these cool toys, I thought we would try to make some home made soap.

This recipe I used long ago as part of a purple ribbon 4-H child development project (now I am glad my mom made me do it). I recommend letting the old kids or an adult do the blowing. Let the toddlers and smaller kids do the chasing.

9 cups water
1 cup dish soap
1/2 cup glycerin

or

1/2 cup water
4 tablespoons dish soap
1 1/2 tablespoons corn syrup

Mix ingredients together. And have lots of a fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...