Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Wash Wednesday: Poop

Ah poop. It's not pleasant but it's always there. My mom managed to potty train my oldest child in a weekend (she deserves sainthood for that) and now our toddler is going through it.

Our toddler is a strong boy. He dislikes sitting in a poopy or wet diaper (who would like it?) and has figured out how to undress himself and take the diaper off--no matter what the diaper contains. Yes, ew.

At least once a day I hear the preschooler screaming "POOP" from whatever room they're playing in. I sprint to wherever they are and inspect to see what the poop is on, how far the poop has been trailed etc.

It's gross. And I can't wait until he's potty trained. And then there's always the "blowout" from the baby's diaper. And the ever so fun "Poop in the tub".

I never thought I'd ever write about poop. But I'm a mom. And it's inevitable.

I've found the best way to clean poop depends on the situation. In the tub, we use the "reusable" cups from gas station drinks (cleaned of course) to rinse hair. When the poop in the tub occurs, we scoop it out with the cup into the potty. Toss the cup. Drain the water and refill the tub with HOT water and add bleach. This way the tub gets clean as well as the toys. We usually let it sit for at least a half hour so the bleach can do its work. Yes, I probably have the cleanest tub in Iowa. And we go through a lot of bleach.

When there's the poop on the carpet situation, clean it up with clorox wipes and then use resolve carpet cleaner. That should remove the stain. But no promises.

Clothing needs to be washed in hot (and by itself) right away. I usually run an empty load (with bleach and detergent) after wards as well. Just to make sure all of the ick is gone.




Ah poop. I'm a College educated woman with a degree in English and yet, I'm not above writing about poop. Because when you're a mom, you're a Jane of all trades...even the not so pleasant ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...