Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Wash Wednesday: Dirt Magnet #4 Unwanted Dust Bunnies!

Recently, I had a friend mention to me in passing that she spent one Saturday moving her appliances to clean behind them. Which reminds me, I need to do the same.

I cringe when I think about the dust bunnies that live under appliances. These electric producing machines seem to attract dust by the gallons. Take your stove for instance. Imagine not only the dust but the burnt food crumbs and oil splatters underneath. Yuck.

It has been on my list for quite some time now to move out the washer, dryer, stove, and refrigerator. I can work around them to the areas I can reach but I am sure the actual dust underneath and behind is a safety hazard not to mention a gross mess. Thankfully,we cleaned behind the dishwasher when we replaced it early this year. I guess the rest I will put on daddy's to do list.

When we did do the dishwasher, first we moved the appliance to vacuum with our shop vac. Our miniature shop vac did great at picking up all the dirt. Be sure to look for any toys or other objects that may have slipped behind/underneath. Then I actually used my Wet Jet Swifter to mop the dirt on the floor. And finally I used a regular dry Swifter cloth followed by a soapy rag to dust the trip on the wall and collect cob webs. I concluded by wiping down the back and sides of the appliance.

Happy Dust Bunny Hunting!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, we had a fridge delivered today since our 35 year old one (in the garage) finally died. It was nasty under there, dust and grass clippings. Nice combination.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...