Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Shuffle Saturday: Preparing for Mother's Day (Hint to Husbands)

Hints from Sarah:

My husband asked me what I wanted for Mother's Day. I said, "Three well behaved boys." He paused and said, "Can you think of anything else?"

Ha.

Really? All I want for Mother's Day is to sleep in (and by sleeping in I mean 7AM), maybe breakfast in bed would be nice and a day of hugs, kisses and no fighting. Is that too much to ask? Save the flowers, save the perfume...just a day of nice boys.

Hints from Emma:

I was thinking about Mother's Day recently and how I wanted to spend my one day "off." By day off I mean, sleep in and wake up at my leisure without anyone whining at me. Then I would get my shower, get dressed up, and actually put on makeup. A home made breakfast would be waiting for me. Someone would be doing the chores so that they would not be waiting for me the on Monday morning. I could spend the day doing girl things like scrap booking, shopping, and reading all uninterrupted.

Then I got to thinking, the reality of this happening is pretty slim. So why not send me away to a bed and breakfast all by myself. I could really enjoy the quiet with rest and relaxation. I could enjoy being waited on instead of waiting on everyone else.

When it really comes down to it, I think I would rather spend the day with those who made me a mother, my husband and my son. Without them, I would not have this title or lofty position. I guess being a dead beat tired mom is a small sacrifice to pay for those I love. You know it is all worth it when they hug me and tell me they love me. So I think I will would like to get showered in hugs and kisses by my boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...