Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Shuffle Saturday: The Rapture

A while ago, I wrote about the predicted rapture.

The day is here. And I stand by Matthew 25:13 "And so you must be vigilant, because you do not know the day or the hour."

Like I said in my previous post...I don't think God would end the world on a Saturday. I wonder if the rapture Preacher has prepared his Sunday readings.

They (the rapture people) state that it is a mathematical equation that allows them to know that today is the day. Isn't it a little short sighted to limit God to a story problem? "Noah's ark is 300 cubits long, if the ark is traveling at 20 kilometers an hour, how many days and nights of rain will it take to reach Mount Ararat?" Not so much. I have more faith in God than to create a math problem out of rapture.

So I plan to clean the house today. I plan to put a pork loin in the fridge to defrost for tomorrow. The world isn't going to end. I don't think it is right to taunt people for having faith in something...but I don't believe it.

Besides, my milk doesn't expire until Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...