Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Toy Thursday: It's MINE!

My house is chaos. I have a preschooler, a toddler and an infant (almost toddler) who thinks he can keep up with his older brothers. There is almost always someone screaming about something.

Toys are no different. A toy can be ignored for months but as soon as one of the three discover it, the other two want it. I hear my toddler screaming at the infant, "No B!" Or the preschooler screaming, "Sean is going to destroy it!" Or the infant crying because someone took a toy from his hands.

There isn't enough Aleve in the world. I don't want to wish away their childhood, but I look forward to the day that they're all buddies. You know, when they can't hang out with mom because they're doing a brother's golf afternoon (or something along those lines), or when one chooses the other two to be his best men when he gets married.

Okay, now I'm getting a little carried away.

But I know those days are a head of me. I also know that the days of some serious injuries are closer. Days when they really pound on each other even though in our home, "we don't hit".

So for now I'll attempt to diffuse the little fights. As my mom reminds me, "Little people, little problems. Big people, big problems." I can handle the toy fights. I usually just distract the "crier" with another "more cool" toy. And all is well.

Because I know the bigger they get, the bigger their problems will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...