Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

Make Monday: Happy Halloween!

We went Trick or Treating last night (beggar's night here in Des Moines) and half way through, the five year old was begging (no pun intended) to go home and go to "B-E-D" (since we're into spelling things when we mean it).

The baby however, LOVED it. It was cold and thankfully, their costumes were big enough we could fit their winter coats on UNDER the costumes. Although we joked that the baby was a spring Robin, because he looked so fat.


Yes, he didn't want to hold still for a picture. And someone else was holding his bucket of candy.

But they got SO much candy. SOOOO much candy. I do need to have a talk with my kids about picking and choosing, though. Believe it or not, we went to houses that were giving out FULL SIZED candy bars (and I thought that was just a myth). And do you know what my kids chose out of the FULL SIZED bowl? Fruit by the Foot. Granted, they may have picked the "healthier" choice, but at the second house with FULL SIZE candy bars? They picked the Scooby Doo granola snacks. Really, guys? Really?

And now I understand why my parents followed, and then much of my candy was missing the next day...Trick or Treating ISN'T so much about the kids, but the parents.

I'm hoping that I can find a good food recipes for everyone to use up all of the candy...because we all hate to have candy go to waste!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...