Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Toy Thursday: Thank you, Steve Jobs

This morning when my five year old woke up, I had to tell him the sad news. Well, more like he asked, as we had the news on the television. "Mommy, who was Steve Jobs? And why is everyone talking about him dying?"

I took a deep breath (as I was afraid of where this was going) and said, "Well, because he did great things. He was an inventor. You know mommy's ipod? He invented that. And he invented Apple Computers. And the company that created Buzz and Woody and Nemo and Lightning McQueen."

He got really quiet and said, "Woody's dad died?"

Well, no. But sort of. If Steve Jobs had never graced the Earth with his presence, imagination and ingenuity, would we have our ipods or would we still be carrying around walkmans?

And without Steve Jobs, would my son have his Toy Story buddies? To be honest, I can't imagine my son's childhood without those guys. No Buzz would mean no one yelling, "To infinity and beyond!"

Thank you, Steve Jobs. Thank you for all of the items you created to make my life easier...but as a mother, thank you for allowing my child to believe that his toys are like Andy's. That Buzz and Woody play at night. That a cowboy and an astronaut can get along.

Image property of Pixar

And that anyone, no matter where they came from can go to "infinity and beyond."

Thank you, Steve Jobs
Photo: Apple.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...