Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

Make Monday: Make a Little Cash And Get Rid of Old Stuff

Two weeks ago when I took my "oh so gracious" fall in the bathroom, I managed to crack my ring. Right in half. I was more upset about the cracked ring than I was over the possible cracked rib.

The Doctor told me I "only" bruised my ribs so I'll only be in pain for 5 weeks, as opposed to 10. Hey, thanks.

But still, I had this ring that I treasured that was split. I contacted Christopher's jewelery in Des Moines to see if they had a jeweler in house as I didn't want to risk the ring getting lost in the mail etc. They said they did and to bring it in to see if they could fix it.

We dropped it off on Wednesday and, to my surprise, it was finished on Saturday! I was quoted a week...I was so pleased...and nervous to see how it came out.

While we had been there dropping the ring off, I noticed some people selling their jewelery. I thought, "You know, I've been married to Dave for 5 years now. Maybe it's time I take in some jewelery from old boyfriends. I never wear it, why would I want it?

So on Saturday we went in to pick up my ring and I got a few quotes on my items. With my ring on my finger and $60 in my pocket, we were out the door. I mean, really, why would I be hanging on to my promise ring from high school? It only held bad memories...why would I want that in my life?

So if you're looking to sell, buy or repair any jewelery, I'd suggest Christopher's (on Merle Hay Road). They were polite, fast and great to deal with!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...