Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Wash Wednesday: Reusable Grocery Bags

I love my reusable grocery bags (and the .05 per bag that Target takes off of my bill). But have you ever thought about how "icky" it might be?




You use the bags, empty your groceries and put them away. When you go shopping, you grab them, take them to the car and use them again. But have you ever thought about washing them?

I didn't until I read about how many germs are on those bags, and if you think about it, it's true. They sit in the cart, they sit in the car, they get wet...yuck.

So at least once a month (if not more often), run the bags through a HOT wash (and dryer) to be sure to kill the ick.

With flu season coming up fast, the last thing you want is to get sick from your grocery bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...