Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Toy Thursday: Letting Go of the Car Seat

This week Baby B graduated to a front facing seat. And the infant carrier has been retired. Now, I know what you're thinking, retired? Let me remind you, we're Catholic. And I still have one ovary. So who knows.

But it was bittersweet. Putting away the baby seat. The baby seat we got when I was pregnant with Liam (insert gasps here). Yes. We used the same baby carrier with all three boys. Even though I'm sure it "expired". And yet, they're all safe.

But what do I do with the car seat? I know if/when we do have another child, he/she will HAVE to have a new baby carrier. I could take it to Toys R Us and get 25% off of a future purchase. But...I can't. As much as I'm a saver, I just can't let go of the car seat that I brought all three of my boys home from the hospital in.

Liam hanging out in the seat
Photobucket





Sean being brought home in the seat and



Brendan at his first City Council meeting...in the seat...


I'm thinking maybe I could start a quilt for each of the boys...or maybe a doll for each of them and include a part of the fabric from the seat cover.

What do you think...am I being TOO sentimental?

2 comments:

  1. Cute pictures! It's not sentimental at all. A quilt would be cute. Maybe you could sew them altogether to make a library book bag? Definitely might want to look into seats that can be rear facing he's 3. It's exponentially safer and much more convenient. I poohpoohed it too until I read the research. Boy howdy. It is eye opening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, I mean it's not OVERLY sentimental. Sentimental yes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...