Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wash Wednesday: You've GOT to be Kidding Me

So I'm in the process of sending my oldest to kindergarten this fall (how? when? wha?) and pricing clothes for him.

I'm discouraged at what I've been finding. Really? Why would anyone buy, much less make dry clean only kids clothes? My kids get messy with a glass of water. I know my kids don't look like the ones in the photographs at Children's Place...then again, I'd never pay $70 for a pair of jeans for my kid. I love my kids but at the rate they're growing, they might not fit into the jeans when we get home.

That's why I've fallen in love with my local consignment stores. I can usually find some great deals (they even have a dollar bin) and I don't get too bent out of shape if they decide to color their "new" shirt, turning it into a play shirt or night shirt.

But dry cleaning for kids clothes? Not my boys. I believe I still have a suit that is crumpled up in a "to be dry cleaned" bag from my political days. That would mean "before kids". Yeah, there's NO way I'm buying dry clean only clothes for my boys.

2 comments:

  1. I bag up my dry cleaning too. Only is sits in my car for months before it actually makes it to the dry cleaning. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the info. It sounds pretty user friendly. I guess I’ll pick one up for fun. thank u

    Kids Clothing

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...