Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

(Thrifty!) Toy Thursday: Target's Dollar Section

Have you been to the dollar section at Target? It's my favorite (and an addiction)! I usually enter through those doors as to avoid my other addiction (Starbucks) and it usually saves me money!

We went to Target last night, you know, for milk and eggs, but walked out with A LOT more (isn't that how it always works?) things we "needed". The "dollar spot" had items on clearance. Yes, clearance on a dollar! With a birthday for our middle child (turning 2) and Easter coming up, I couldn't resist.



The dollar section has Sesame Street and our (almost) 2 year old is into EVERYTHING Elmo and Cookie Monster. So I grabbed him a few Elmo socks, colors and books. And then I found a Spongebob spelling book for big brother (age 5) which would be perfect from the Easter Bunny.

When it comes to Easter, I'd rather the Easter Bunny bring learning books and flash cards with just a little bit of candy rather than a sugar overload. They'll get plenty of candy at the Grandparent's house and school parties.

Plus the kids seem to enjoy it. I also like to get a kite for each of them to get them active and outside. We usually turn it into a family afternoon at the park with kites.

If you haven't been to the dollar spot, check it out. Stock up and start your gift spreadsheet if you haven't already.

2 comments:

  1. Awww...the Target Blue Light Special...you always come out with more than you go in for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! Is this at all Targets? I love their dollar section. Even better when things go on sale!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...