Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Wash Wednesday: The "Cheap" Dishwashing Detergent

Dish washing detergent is one of the things I dislike buying. It's a necessity, yes, I said necessity. While I can wash dishes the old fashioned way, thanks mom, but it is a lot easier for me to load and run the dishwasher. I need to be able to run the dishwasher while kids are napping and I'm folding laundry. Yes, I lead an interesting life.

I find that the cost of everything is going up. And dish washing detergent is no exception. Even with the use of coupons, the cascade packets that I like to use are getting WAY too expensive. So, with a little experimentation due to budget constraints, I bought the Hy-Vee brand powder form. It was a lot cheaper than the brand name gel packs...even after I included the discount the coupon was going to give me.

And I was shocked and amazed. The power "cheap" detergent was doing a MUCH better job of cleaning my dishes than the expensive gel packs and even "power balls" were doing.

A little experimentation isn't a bad thing. Especially if it can save you money and time (from having to pre wash dishes) in the long run!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...