Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wash Wednesday: Dirt Magnet #2 Lamp Shades!

My mom always used to say, I could sniff out dirt, meaning I had this six sense where dirt collected. I am not always so sure about that since my house seems to be more dirty than clean these days.

However, if I do get a day that I can devote to house cleaning, I try to do a thorough job. And if I only have just a few moments before company drops in or because the kids are helping, I perform a few quick tasks that make the room appear more clean than it really is. In spite the situation, I have found that quickly wiping down the lamp shade makes a difference in making a room more pleasant.

Have you ever noticed how dust and dirt clings to a lamp shade? Color of the lamp shade does not even matter for hair and fuzz stick like magnets. And it collects dirt so fast. For whatever reason....it being on eye level...people reach for the lamp....it lightens the room...having a clean lamp seems to "brighten" the overall look of a room.

To take care of this minor but noticeable nuisance quickly, I simply run a lint roller up and down the shade. Making sure to do all sides ensures an easy solution to an overall clean living space. Then I finish off the lamp (especially if it is black) with a Swifter vacuum cloth to collect additional dust bunnies. It is that simple.

And you will be amazed at the results of a clean lamp shade. The room just looks brighter and you find yourself less embarrassed when company reaches for the lamp.

So if you have two minutes between activities, waiting for the laundry to finish, or browning meat, find your lint roller. You will feel like you gave your house a deep clean!

For more "Dirt Magnets," check out the Dirty Silverware Container!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...