Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Wash Wednesday: STOP CLOGGING THE TOILET!!!

My son has been potty trained since he was two. Ma'am (my mom) trained him in a weekend. She's pretty amazing. But the appropriate level of toilet paper is something he hasn't grasped.

If there is toilet paper on the roll, he's using it. All of it. And somehow, still doesn't get clean.

At least once a week, I hear a flush, water running and the "MOMMY!" that strikes fear in my heart and gets me running. Thankfully, my dad taught me how to shut the water off at the bottom of the bowl to stop the flooding...that is, if I get there in time.

And then there's the floaters. Ew. And how much water has run over. So what's a mom to do? Everyone has a collection of towels that has lost it's fluff over time, that accidentally got bleached etc. I call those my "potty towels". I use them to soak up the potty water and throw them in the washer (on hot of course).

What I'm thinking of doing it using an empty box of kleenex and making that Liam's paper box. After he goes to the bathroom, I refill a specific amount of toilet paper in the box for him to use.

But if any other moms have tips or tricks for toilet paper abusers, please share. Because my potty towels are sure getting a work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...