Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Toy Thursday: No. You Can't Take It To School

In a previous post, I discussed how my five year old has the habit of carrying toys around. I knew this would be an issue when he started school, as it is almost always a fight with him. He wants to take a toy to the grocery store, to church, to the post office etc etc.

I knew he couldn't be taking toys to school. So I talked to him about it. And Ma'am talked to him about it. And Grandma talked to him about it. But he still insisted that his friends would want to see his toy.

It's a bit of a safety blanket for him. Instead of a binky or woobie, he has a toy.


See Nemo in his hand? Yeah, we didn't see it until we were looking at pictures of this Christmas event. We had no idea that Nemo had tagged along.

So when we went to the ice cream social/open house to meet his teacher and see his classroom, I had his teacher tell him that toys were not okay. And that was the end of it.

He didn't believe me, or Ma'am or any other family member that told him no...but as soon as the teacher did, it was okay.

Whatever works. We still carry a toy around with us at home, but he knows he can't take it to school. He's growing up. That's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...