Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

Make Monday: Make Money While Spending Money...Sort Of.

On Sunday morning I grabbed the Walgreens flier. I flipped through it and saw the deals. I then grabbed my coupon organizer and the inserts from the Sunday paper.

And I clipped, I wrote, I sorted, I flipped, I tore, I clipped into two separate (and organized) piles. And I presented my shopping plan to my husband, handed him "his" stack of coupons (as he rolled his eyes at me) and we were out the door with the boys.

"We're going to need two carts and keep things separate." Again, another eye-roll. And then the shopping began. And here's how it ended.

We walked out with:

4 packages of M&M's (the big bags)
Cover girl eyeliner and mascara
Two jars of Welch's grape jelly
9 rolls of Angel Soft toilet paper
2 boxes of Tampax Tampons
2 boxes of Always Infinity pads
2 tubes of Crest Complete Toothpaste
2 bottles of Head and Shoulders Shampoo
2 Clinical Strength Secret Deodorant
A Gillette Fusion Pro-Glide Razor
2 Gillette Body Wash
2 Old Spice Body Wash
Gillette Deodorant
Old Spice Deodorant
Gillette Fusion Shave Gel
Gillette Fusion Shave Prep
6 boxes of Cereal (Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Trix, Golden Grahams, Cheerios)
1 pack of 15 Cascade duo pack dish wash detergent
3 Tide 15 count Stain Release packs
6 rolls of Charmin
Downy dryer sheets (80) sheets, 1 pack
2 Gain Detergents
Pack of Envelopes
4 12-packs of Dr. Pepper
And One pack of Huggies.

Whew.

Total before coupons and savings? $293.50

After savings? $130.50

Saved $163.00 PLUS I got $24.00 in Walgreens Register Rewards for a future trip. WIN!

So the hour of planning on Sunday morning made me $187.00. Not bad for an hours worth of work. And it's not like I bought things we didn't need. Take the time to plan. It will be worth your while.



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...