Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Wash Wednesday: Pull-up type Diapers.


So the end of summer season is upon us which meant our last day at the pool on Monday. How sad to see the pool close especially when it is still nice out for all the non school aged children (but that is another day's post).

Will anyways, like always on Monday, when it was time to leave the pool, I changed Judah from his swim diaper into dry clothes. I thought to myself how much I will miss the pool but not changing those soggy swim diapers.

Until recently did I really know how to take these pull-up type diapers off without making a mess. Once I even made the mistake of pulling the diaper down when he had pooped. Needless to say we made a mess all over everything. Even if a child wets the swim diaper, it is still gross to pull it off as it turns inside out showing yellow.

So for Wash Wednesday, I thought I would pass along a little tip that will help you avoid making a mess pulling off swim diapers and pull-ups. As I discovered there is a way to get those yucky things off without having to wash everything.

Back on Monday I used this little trick that I just learned this summer. Instead of pulling off the diaper down his legs, I ripped the sides of the diaper (as he was laying on the towel) taking it off like a regular diaper. This makes the dreaded changing much easier and hassle free. It also appears to be more hygienic and safe in such a public setting.

Then I just fold the diaper up as if it is a regular one and throw it into a scented bag for the nearest trash can. I sanitize my hands and then we are ready to finish changing and go on our way.

So next time, avoid extra washing by changing your approach to taking off pull-up type diapers. It will make a difference in the end.

2 comments:

  1. From Lindsay on facebook:

    So funny that you posted this. I had to change a poopy swim diaper on a little boy today, and could not rip the sides for the life of me. That darn thing was really holding together! In my fury to pull it apart, I got poop on the floor, changing table, wipes container, and the clean diaper. So frustrating! Usually this method does work great, though.
    I also learned that modern pull-ups (I hadn't been around a child using them in a long time!) have the same velcro-like fasteners that regular diapers do. They're SO much easier to put on and take off, especially when dirty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Melissa on facebook:

    Ah! Why is that so obvious but I didn't think of that? Thx! We're about ready to switch to pull-ups now (although I haven't decided Huggies or Pampers... I prefer Clara to not take them off herself yet!).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...