Pages

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Shuffle Saturday: Mommy Moments!

My first vivid mommy moment (I remember like it was yesterday, it was so traumatic) comes to mind when I was pregnant with Judah. We were packing to visit family over Thanksgiving. Since I had just started showing, I was packing maternity clothes into the small suitcase that my husband and I normally share together.

Hormones got the better of me as Tim simply found me laying on the floor next to the half packed suitcase crying. Clearly he was concerned, inquiring after me. Still crying, I informed him that there was not enough room to share the suitcase with him this time. My clothes were simply taking all the room. He responded by telling me not to fret, that he would find something else. Crying even louder, I mentioned that I was not even done packing myself and all my clothes were not going to fit. At that point, I had had my first melt down over feeling too big.

We both laugh now when we think of that story. How topsy turvy things get when you are pregnant. Your body is changing. Your hormones are off. And you cry at almost anything.

I may have gotten emotionally more stable once Judah was born, but let's face it, I still have those (what I call) mommy meltdown moments. I am in fact a mom! You know when you have had just enough whether from the kids, your spouse, or your circumstances that you just explode. You either get so upset you cry, yell, or literally lock yourself in the bathroom.

And do not forget every mom goes through that "it has been one of those days." My neighbor and I in fact quite often get together on these days for moral support (or so we don't kill someone or ourselves). After all as moms we see our toddlers who throw temper tantrums, school aged kids who mouth back, and teenagers who disobey. We ourselves are entitled to some meltdown at some point especially when we are strong for our family.

So today, let's take a break to celebrate our mommy moments. I am sure you have your own stories to tell.

1 comment:

  1. Our first night at home with baby Liam, he was fed, changed, bathed...and we had no idea why he was still screaming. We were yelling and crying at each other when Dave said, "Is it to late to take him back?"

    Yeah, I've been there. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...