Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tip Tuesday: Make Sure It Works

If your kids are anything like mine, they play with things that are not really toys. My boys seem to enjoy my kitchen timer. It was one of my favorite purchases from IKEA when we went to Minneapolis for the RightOnline Conference.

They play with the timer often, which leaves me to use the microwave timer when I'm cooking. And quite often I'll be startled with the timer going off under the couch, in their room, etc.

On Sunday I decided to color my hair. It was getting a little blah looking and I thought I'd shake it up a bit. I informed hubby what I was doing, got all of the necessary items and locked myself in the bathroom.

I was SUPER excited because the box of color I got a few weeks ago, I got PAID to take out of Target. No, really. I had a manufacturer coupon, I had a Target coupon AND it was on clearance. So after all of the discounts, Target paid ME .25 to take the box of color out.

This can't end up bad right? Clearance hair color? Totally good, right? Yeah, it wasn't the color that was the problem.

I mixed the silver tube into the white squeezy thing, squirted it on my hair, making sure to go from root to tip, saturating the hair like the directions said. And then it was time to wait.


I set the timer and grabbed my cell. I checked my twitter feed and started playing Angry Birds. After "I don't know how many games" of Angry Birds, I thought to myself, "It HAS to have been 10 minutes by now," and I looked at the timer. It still said 10 minutes. It wasn't working.

Panic.

Okay....so do I get in the shower now? Has it really been 10 minutes? Has it been MORE than 10 minutes? OMG-AM-I-GOING-TO-BE-BALD!?!?

I started the shower and hopped in. The moment of truth. I start rinsing my hair. A few strands come out. I keep rinsing until "the water runs clear". A few more strands.

I condition my hair, what was left. The tub was clogging up, which told me I did lose some hair. Thankfully I have a lot.

I let it air dry...and, after all of the panicking, it turned out okay. But if you learn anything from my experience...make sure you have a timer that WORKS before coloring your hair...or just don't let your kids play with it.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...