Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Wash Wednesday: Shaving Cream Cleanup

On Saturday I mentioned why we can't have nice things.

Here's another example. I was working on the computer and had put the boys in my bedroom to watch Spongebob and be quiet.

They were quiet. Too quiet. A little TOO quiet. After learning my lesson about quiet kids and marks on the wall I decided to inspect.

I then noticed the smell. The house smelled like a Frat house on a Saturday evening around 6 pm. Cologne...and shaving cream.

Guess what I discovered when I opened the door...

I was greeted with a "Oh HI MOMMY! I wanted to be a sheep!"


Mommy's sheep.

There was shaving cream EVERYWHERE. On the sheets. On the wall. On the TV and the TV stand. On the lightswitch. On the door. On the door knob. In the carpet. EVERYWHERE.


I had to throw them in the bath since they were covered. They lost TV privileges for the day and got talked to when Daddy got home. He informed me that was a brand new container of shaving cream. He had just opened it that morning. I believed it. That was a LOT of shaving cream.

I had to open the windows to get the smell out and it took 10 rags to clean it all up. As for the shaving cream in the carpet, it was impossible to find what to do to clean it up. So here's what worked...

Take a dry rag and pick up as much shaving cream as you can out of the carpet. Then use a wet rag to soak up the shaving cream that has made its way into the carpet fibers. Follow that up with another dry rag to get the moisture up.

The house smelled like shaving cream for days. So again, this is why we can't have nice things and when they're too quiet, they're up to something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...