Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

Food Friday: Natural Peanut Butter Surprise

I use coupons, that's no surprise. So we usually have Jif, Skippy...name brand peanut butter. But when I didn't have a coupon (gasp) I bought Target brand peanut butter. Checked the label, creamy, check. And in the cart it went.

So around 2:30 on Tuesday afternoon, when I realized I haven't eaten lunch yet (the kids were fed their noodles and mini-pizzas but I didn't get any) and knowing that the one soggy Oatmeal Creme pie wasn't going to hold me over until dinner, I went looking for some peanut butter to make a PB&J.

I remembered I had used all of my peanut butter a few weeks ago when I made Peanut Butter Cupcakes.

I grabbed the new jar of all natural Target brand peanut butter, took the seal off and BAM! Peanut oil all over my counter, microwave and a few sippy cups that are plotting to take over my kitchen.


The sippy cups? Well, they deserved it. My counter, dishwasher and floor (it dripped) didn't deserve it. So what's a girl to do? I took rags and cleaned it up and then did a google search. Turns out, all natural peanut butter DOES have the oil separation issue. I'm glad I didn't just pour the rest of the oils off!

I tried to stir it up (it was really oily) and I put it in the fridge (as the jar said). After working my mad google-fu skills, I turned the jar upside down in the fridge to help the oils move to the bottom (which is now the top).

I really like the flavor of the natural peanut butter, and the price was nice too. We'll see if my picky husband likes it too.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes, natural peanut butter is like that. I grew up with my mom buying a whole tub of natural peanut butter and she would stir it before dividing it up in smaller containers and refrigerating it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...