Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

Make Monday: Budding Trees!


Since it has been rainy a lot around here with April showers, we have been finger painting to pass the time and to speed up some early May flowers. I found this idea for painting trees from Paint and Prozac. One morning, Judah and I thought we would do our own take on it to help pass the morning and add some spring decorations to our gloomy house.

Finding our banner paper, we spread it out across the table. First, I cut out a tree trunk out of some brown card stock I had on hand (for my homemade cards) and taped it to the paper. I took green and yellow Crayola washable finger paints squirting them onto a disposable paper plate. With his paint apron on, Judah dipped his hands and fingers into the paint. Plopping his hands onto the paper, we made some tree leaves. Once we finished the tree, we turned the paper and trunk upside down to add some purple and pink spring flowers.

Finally, I hung the materpiece up on our kitchen mirror where it still remains. We have enjoyed the cheery paintings bringing spring indoors on these rainy days. And my toddler had so much fun making and learning about trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...