Pages

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Salvation Sunday: HE IS RISEN!



While our children may focus on the candy and gifts that the Easter Bunny brings them, it is important to remind them WHY we celebrate Easter.

Sarah's Easter Testimony:

When my oldest son, Liam, was three, I asked him over dinner, "Do you know why we celebrate Easter?" He responded, "Because Jesus died on the cross. And why is that MY problem?"

When the laughter ceased, I explained to him that it was not a "problem" but a blessing. He's five this year and informed me that "Jesus died on the cross for all of our souls." Believe me, it has taken a few years to teach him this...and that Easter is more than just the Bunny (or a problem) but he gets it.

Growing up, my favorite part of Easter was going to Mass and wearing my Easter hat or bonnet. While I don't have any girls, I still enjoy saying Mass with my boys. I enjoy renewing my baptismal promises for me and for my boys.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Galatians 5:1 It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

Emma's Easter Testimony:

Jesus has risen indeed! As Judah says, "Happy Birthday!" and "Jesus Loves Me!" But really though we have enjoyed this Easter celebrating the resurrection.

Even though Easter day is passing, the story of Easter that started at the cross and climaxed through today's resurrection will continue tomorrow. One thing that stood out to me this season was the importance of the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Christianity lives on and by this truth alone. The difference compared to other worldly religions lies in that Jesus is ALIVE and the other prophets central to other religions remain in their graves still to this day. This power over the grave confirms every claim Jesus had about himself being the Son of God, the resurrection and the life, and only way to God. He absorbed my (and your) sinful debt on the cross. Since He was our substitute in a death that was meant for us, His resurrection permitted Him to completely erase (forget) our sins by conquering the payment of death when He victoriously rose again.

What is even more. Since Jesus claims came true, His promises stand true today. For instance, if He fulfilled the promise of eternal life through His resurrection, then His promise to never leave us nor forsake us rings more truer than ever. He rose again, so His claim to return is all the more prevalent. This should provoke a life style of total surrender. This should be a life style that does not live in the past of our sins when they have been already wiped clean. This attitude is where the story remains alive in our hearts today.

I Corinthians 5:55 "Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?"


From our families to yours, may you have a blessed Easter day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...