Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

Food Friday: Salmon Patties for the Kids!


I have a toddler which means PICKY! You probably have been there and done that. I have been trying new recipes with my toddler in mind, hoping that I can find something he will eat and will provide him the nutrition he needs.

Salmon patties is a old family recipe that I rediscovered. In fact, the recipe comes from my Grandma and one that my mom grew up on. Sometimes I wonder if it is an idea off of the Great Depression. It is cheap, easy, healthy, and yes (drum roll) my toddler ate it, even saying YUMMY! So I thought I would pass on this traditional recipe from one family to another.

Serve it with some rice, green vegetables, or even cooked carrots for a complete meal.

Salmon Patties

1 can of pink salmon
2 eggs
1 lunch baggie of crushed saltine crackers
Bacon bits (optional)
Parsley

Open a can of pink salmon. Drain the juice and discard the bones and skin (although you can technically eat it as my Grandma leaves them in...just your preference). Meanwhile crush up a lunch bag full of saltine crackers. Stir fish, crackers, and eggs together until you get a sticky consistency. On top of stove, heat some olive oil. Take a spoonful of mixture and brown flat ball in pan. Add fresh parsley to top. Add bacon for additional smokey flavor. This recipe serves 3-4 people.

Enjoy! And hopefully your toddler eats for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...