Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

Fool Friday: Happy April Fools!--I was a rotten kid.

You know how parents say, "When you have kids, I hope they're as naughty as you?" If my kids are half as naughty as I was on April Fool's Day, I'm in some serious trouble.

My parents had a water bed. On the second floor of our house. One year, I convinced my brother to stand in the shower, fully clothed and I did the same. As soon as mom came home, we ran out to her car, totally drenched and explained that we had been jumping on her bed and popped it.

We were spanked. Mom was thankful to see her bed (and entire floor in her room) was intact. But BOY, was she mad.

The next year, we knew we had to kick it up a notch. Because that trick wasn't rotten enough. Our driveway was paved and my brother had some police tape he won at a carnival the summer before.

I convinced him to lie down on the pavement while I drew a chalk outline of him. He did the same for me. We then rode our bikes over ketchup packets, picked them up and wrapped the police tape around the trees on  either side of the driveway.

We tossed our bikes in the back and went to hide in the house. When mom pulled in from work, she ran out of her car, screaming and crying. We burst out of the front door with an "April Fools"!

I don't know how she did it, but she was hugging us and spanking us at the same time...all while crying and kissing our heads.

Oh yeah, I was rotten. I think I was grounded that whole summer.

But I've been "blessed" with three creative, smart and sneaky boys. I've got my guard up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...