Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Shuffle Saturday: No Sick Days for Mommy




I've been sick the last couple of days. The trouble is, it's not even something "simple" like a cold or the flu. It's a mystery.

I'm not one to complain about pain. I labored for a total of 53 hours (with all three boys-combined) without pain meds. I'm a tough chick. But when I experienced this pain, I couldn't ignore it.

I've also passed kidney stones (both while pregnant and not pregnant) without meds. Told ya I was tough. But this pain is different. It started out with a sharp pain on my lower right back. I wasn't bending, picking anyone up or anything that would be easy to explain. I was sitting on the couch, working on the computer. That was on Tuesday morning.

Being "mom" I managed to take the preschooler to school which means hauling our 20 lb infant in the carrier and our 25 lb toddler into the van, out of the van and up the flight of stairs. Ow. Ever since then, the pain has been constant. I even took a left over percocet that I had from my last c-section to get some sleep. Yeah, it was that bad.

On Wednesday I convinced my husband to take me to the Doctor. Actually, it was my husband who saw how much pain I was in and MADE me go to the Doctor. The Doc thought maybe it was a kidney stone, maybe appendix...but wrote me a script for Vicodin.

That has allowed me to get some rest and I spent most of Friday in bed asleep. I was bummed because I had a meeting about the barn and three houses lined up to take a look at. And we had to cancel it all because after taking a shower, I was exhausted. Which is not like me at all.

That being said, Mom doesn't get a sick day, ever. The laundry was piling up, the carpet was getting crunchy thanks to the toddler walking around with food, the dishes were starting to stack up, Mommy's Recess was being done by Emma...all of my usual chores were being ignored because I wasn't feeling well.

But I am surrounded by those who love and care for me. Emma took care of the Mommy's Recess posting. My husband folded the laundry, did the dishes and even vacuumed!

When Mommy is down, the world seems to stop...hopefully I start feeling better soon. But until then, I'm thankful for the help and support surrounding me.

1 comment:

  1. I really hope you get to feeling better! It's not easy for a mom to be sick.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...