Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Toy Thursday: Musical Toys!

My boys love musical toys. They always have and (I'm afraid) as they get bigger, so will their musical toys.

A few years ago, my oldest LOVED "Little Einsteins". I bought him a "Create A Masterpiece" toy for Christmas. It is like a magna doodle that plays classical music as they draw. It also includes traceable pictures (most of ours are missing now) that teach children about classical art. Imagine my surprise when Liam (at the age of two) came up to me with "Starry Night" in the newspaper and said, "Look, Mommy! Ban-Go!"

The toy has sure been worth the money. My next two boys love playing with it. Like I said, most of the parts and pieces are missing but the doodler is attached and hasn't been removed (yet) and it still plays music.


Sometimes you have to pay a little more than you want for a toy, but in the end, it's worth it. Especially if it teaches art AND music at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...