Pages

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Salvation Sunday: "Pride Goeth Before The Fall"

Things have been going very well for me lately, work wise. I'm incredibly humbled at the amount of work I've been offered lately and hoping that I can continue to do my best and make this "at home work" a success.

I've also been volunteering to help "Save the Barn", writing press releases, attending meetings; and while it hasn't always worked out the best with Dave's schedule (I was left scrambling for a babysitter on Tuesday and SO thankful Emma was able to help me out with the older two) meaning I had to take Brendan to the City Council meeting. But he was VERY well behaved.

Baby's First City Council Meeting


There are times I find myself frustrated with my husband, I wish he'd help out more so I wasn't trying to type while having a toddler climbing on me, or if he'd take some personal time so I can attend meetings, but I know he's doing his best to provide for our family.

I'm proud of the work I'm doing. And proud of the accomplishments I've made. But I must remember what the Lord says of pride. While it is okay to take pride in a hard day's work, it is important to be humble. Don't expect that you will be recognized for this work. (Interesting that I'm posting this on the day of the Academy Awards??)

The Lord knows the hard work you've put in. For today's Salvation Sunday, I leave you with a few Words from The Bible regarding pride. I must always remember to be humble and thank the Lord for the blessings He has bestowed upon me.

Psalms 37:11

But the meek will inherit the land and enjoy great peace

Proverbs 3:34
He mocks proud mockers but gives grace to the humble.

Proverbs 8:13
To fear the LORD is to hate evil; I hate pride and arrogance, evil behavior and perverse speech.


Proverbs 11:2
When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom.

Proverbs 15:31;33

He who listens to a life-giving rebuke will be at home among the wise.The fear of the LORD teaches a man wisdom, and humility comes before honor.

Proverbs 16:18-19
Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall. Better to be lowly in spirit and among the oppressed than to share plunder with the proud.

Proverbs 25:9

He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them his way.


Proverbs 29:23
A man's pride brings him low, but a man of lowly spirit gains honor.


Isaiah 57:15
For this is what the high and lofty One says--he who lives forever, whose name is holy: "I live in a high and holy place, but also with him who is contrite and lowly in spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly and to revive the heart of the contrite.

Matthew 18:3-4
And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

Romans 12:16
Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.

1 Corinthians 13:4
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

Ephesians 4:2
Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.

Phillipians 2:1-11
If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, 2then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. 3Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. 4Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. 5Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: 6Who, being in very nature[a] God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, 7but made himself nothing, taking the very nature[b] of a servant, being made in human likeness. 8And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death— even death on a cross! 9Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, 10that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.



1 Peter 5:2-6
Be shepherds of God's flock that is under your care, serving as overseers—not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not greedy for money, but eager to serve; not lording it over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock. And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that will never fade away. Young men, in the same way be submissive to those who are older. All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because,"God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble."Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...