Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

Food Friday: Hamburger Potato Bake

Good Friday afternoon! Today, I wanted to share a really great recipe for breastfeeding moms. Why?

When people brought me meals as a new mom, I remember enjoying them so much. All the meals were great but I craved the calories tied to meals with meat and potatoes. These meals offered the energy I so desperately needed feeding for a newborn and caring for myself.

One kind friend brought us this meal and taking the first bite, I was sold. I actually felt full. We liked it so much that we had her bring it again later on. Then finally, we nabbed the recipe from her so that we could make it ourselves.

Now note, this recipe is worth all the calories for a new mom who actually needs to intake more calories to breastfeed than when pregnant. However, if you still want to enjoy it, you can always buy the "lighter" ingredients. And if you are really good, you can be like my friend and actually turn it into a vegan dish.

Enjoy eating this easy staple!

Hamburger Potato Bake

1 pound of ground beef
1 medium chopped onion
2 cups of cheddar cheese
1 can of French's Fried Onions
2 pound bag of frozen potato cubes (with peppers in them)
1 can of Cream of Chicken Soup
1 can of Cream of Mushroom Soup
16 ounce container of sour cream

Cook meat and onions. Combine soups, sour cream, and cheese into another bowl to mix. Then stir in potatoes, followed by the meat mixture, and finally fried onions. Pour the entire mixture into a 9 by 13 pan and bake at 350 degrees for one hour if the potatoes are thawed. If potatoes are frozen, then allow a 1 1/2 baking time. This recipe makes excellent frozen meals and provides great leftovers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...