Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

Make Monday: A Solution for Wrapping Paper!



I hate buying too much wrapping paper for Christmas. If you buy too much, you have reels of paper leftover to store for an entire year. If you buy too little, you do not have enough to get you through the Christmas wrapping season. Then you still end up buying too much paper and end up storing it for next year. Thus you have the cycle of wrapping paper.

And I hate wrapping paper rolls because they are so hard to store and keep nice. Down on the floor the paper gets crinkled being bumped around. Plus you run the risk of the kids unrolling the paper, chewing on the roll, or even blowing into the roll. Against the wall, paper rolls constantly fall down succumbing to a similar demise. Finally, putting the rolls into a plastic storage container means you have one more large plastic bucket to store and find room for an entire year all for a few rolls of wrapping paper.

Currently I keep my wrapping paper, tissue paper, and bows in a hang up plastic device (on a hanger) in the closet. This keeps things accessible for year round birthdays and celebrations that require one present to be wrapped at the last minute. The plastic container hangs next to my craft table complete with scissors, tape, and ribbon for additional easy wrapping.

This year....I bought too much Christmas wrapping paper and now I am not sure where to store it. This picture came across in my email from a friend. And it looks like it would work without taking up wasted space on the shelf or floor of the closet.

Making this simple solution of stringing some wire across the ceiling of the closet could solve my problems. I thought it seemed like a good enough idea that I think I will pass it on for today's Make Monday project. A Make Monday project to help you solve a common problem around the house.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...