Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tip Tuesday: Tracking Your Gestational Diabetes

So first things first, we have to track our carbs for gestational diabetes. Not an easy task when going out to eat or using a recipe that does not spell out the nutritional facts so readily.

Thankfully, my professional health consultants have pointed out a few websites and apps that can help solve that very problem. And we have started using it more frequently, especially eating out more lately. I can find out the carb count and the sodium intake from a dish at a major food chain restaurant.

I first look at the menu for something that sounds like it will contain less carbs and sodium and we look it up. Then I know for sure how many extra things I can have at the meal. This worked great at Outback Steakhouse the other night where I had the Gold Hearts of Mahi Mahi (without the lemon sauce of course for sodium) and I could still have a few pieces of bread.

Our favorite app to take along with us on our 4G network is calorie counter, who allows you to break down your dish or recipe. At home we can use sites like myfitnesspal.com or calorieking.com, who specializes in low fat and low carb recipes. Try it out for yourself even if you are on a diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...