Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

Food Friday: Overrated Omaha Steaks??

I won a giftcard from a blogger, so I'm not going to complain...much. But it was a giftcard to Omaha Steaks and I was stoked. I had heard so many good things about Omaha Steaks and I was excited to use the giftcard.

Actually, I had planned to gift the gift card to a family member for Christmas, but my husband insisted we use it for ourselves. So we did.

I bought a package that included steaks, pork chops, potatoes, molten lava cakes and hamburgers. We had a few friends over for a very low key dinner but served the steaks, pork chops, potatoes and desserts.

It wasn't as great as I had been expecting. Actually, it was rather blah. We didn't over season the steaks (they're Omaha Steaks, after all) and didn't want to "ruin" a good steak. But honestly, I've had better steaks from Fareway, at Texas Roadhouse. It just didn't live up to expectations.

Last night, when the weather was so nice, we grilled the burgers, hoping the Omaha meat would redeem the lack luster performance of the steaks.

Again, disappointment. I've made better burgers from a roll of meat bought at the grocery store.

We cooked them medium, so it's not like we burned them. Anyone else have a food experience like this??


Update: I found out they have a 100% guarantee policy so I emailed them. Let's see what comes of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...