Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Tip Tuesday: Packing up the Christmas Decorations

I think I am getting smarter when it comes to packing up the Christmas decorations. I mean at least it has become easier over the last few years to find things the next Christmas just by following a few storing tips.

1. Choose clear plastic bins for storage. Personally, I have a few clear plastic containers with green and red lids clearly marking them Christmas. Being clear allows you to peek at the contents inside.

2. Put things in order. I have learned to reserve one bucket for items that are needed at Thanksgiving time, labeling them, "open me first." These items include advent items, Christmas music, and other things that you tend to need right away. Easy access allows you to find these items when needed the most instead of stumbling upon them after the fact at a later date.

3. Group like items together. Again, I group similar items in the same bucket. One bucket is for all the Christmas tree decorations alone while the other bucket stores decorations for around the house. This way I only have to get the tree bin down when I am decorating the tree.

4. Label as much as you can. Instead of digging through each box, try labeling items for easy access. This will ensure successful and stress-free decorating.

5. Utilize items from around the house you for added storage. Visit Resourceful Ways to Store Decorations.

Happy packing! That is what I am doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...