Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Wash Wednesday: Washing Toys


Washing toys can be a fun chore. I remember the time when I was five and my mom set me up outside with a bucket of soapy water and a bucket of rinse water. I proceeded to wash my doll clothes and then hung them on a clothesline on my level. I was not only cleaning the doll clothes but pretending laundry day. I was learning lifetime skills. And I still think that was one of my most favorite activities and memories of my childhood.

We badly needed to clean the play dough tools this morning from dried, old play dough that had caked on. So I put an apron on Judah and gave him a bucket of soapy water and a bucket of rinse water. He had as much fun washing them as he does playing with the play dough. And we did our share of splashing!

Then later this afternoon we made a fresh batch of play dough and got out the toys to play with. Again, my child was entertained by the same toy but a different activity today.

Chores do not have to be boring. Make them into games and activities special for your age child. Have fun cleaning and pretending in the process. Washing our toys also teaches them to be responsible and take care of our toys which is certain a valuable lesson to learn.

What chores do you share with your kids?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...