Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

Make Monday: Ribbon Banners to Wave to Music


I remember playing fitness girl when I was a little. I had this pink workout set that included a long, pink banner that you perform tricks turning it, swaying it, and swinging it with your arms. Apparently the effort was supposed to produce quite a workout in your upper body. I believe the set was called Get In Shape Girls. It was popular and I loved it!

I think of those memories every time Judah and I go to music class and move scarves or ribbons to rhythmic beat. We toss them high and low, play peek-a-boo, sway back and forth, make large circles, and swing them into figure eights. I must admit it is a fun activity even for me as an adult.

So we decided to make our own homemade ribbon banners to swing at home to our favorite musical beats.

Supplies
Jumbo Popsicle sticks or wooden paint sticks or wire
Tape
Different colors, shapes, and sizes of cloth ribbon or wrapping ribbon
Scissors

Instructions
Really this craft is quite simple. Cut various colors of ribbons different sizes and tape them to one end of the stick. Then play your music and twirl your way around the room with your ribbon banner. Be sure to mimic the beat and the pitch of the music going high and low, side to side, and moving to different shape designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...