Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Wash Wednesday: Strep Throat

This weekend was a busy one. We did our shopping, made cupcakes, went to a family reunion...on top of the weekend chores of laundry, cleaning etc. Sunday night, after all of the dust settled I noticed "the tickle". You know, that unmistakable tickle in the back of your throat. The one that strikes fear in your heart. The one that makes you think, I'm in for a long week.

And I was right. Monday morning I woke up with a fever, achey, chills, stiff neck and swollen glands. I didn't have the usual rash on my chest that went with strep throat but I was pretty sure it was strep. I had to cancel my appearance at a meeting as I didn't want to get anyone else sick. I convinced my husband to get off of work early and my mother in law to take the older two boys so my husband could take me to the Doctor.

The doc walked in, took a look in my throat and said, "Yep. Fever, swollen glands, do you want me to swab you or just treat it." I nodded and said, "Just treat the strep doc. No need to test." He added that it was "going around" and wrote a script for a Z-Pack.

Day three on the meds, I'm starting to feel a little better. My mother in law has been great, taking the two big boys for the last two days so I can rest. However, my husband has had to work which leaves me with a teething, crabby and restless infant.

I wish moms could get sick days. But we can't.

Now I'm in the process of trying to clean EVERYTHING I've touched over the last few days. The Clorox Wipes are getting a work out, that's for sure. Doorknobs, phones, computers, remotes....everything is getting cleaned. My house smells like lemon Clorox. But that's okay. I wouldn't wish strep on my worst enemy.

The thing I hate the most about being sick? Not being able to remember what it feels like to feel "normal". I'm hoping that comes in the next few days. I just hope I've quarantined myself enough that no one else gets it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...