Pages

Friday, July 1, 2011

Food Friday: Nachos

It's hot. I don't want to run my oven. In my mind, it's counterproductive when I have the air conditioning running. So I'm often faced with the question "What's for dinner?"

You can only serve cold sandwiches and potato salad so many times before the kids begin to grumble. And hubby doesn't want to grill outside when the heat index is triple digits. So what is a mom to serve?

At least once a week I go to my summer usual...nachos. It's quick, easy and tasty. I do have to run the stove-top to brown the beef but other than that, no house heating necessary.

I get a container of nacho cheese and heat it in the microwave. I pour it in a pyrex measuring glass to make it easy to pour. Heat the meat and prep your plate.

Nacho chips go on the plate first, followed by the beef. Pour the melted cheese on top of the beef and finish with lettuce, tomatoes and french dressing. YUM!


The kids don't like "salad" on their dinner, but you can add/subtract whatever you like!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...